Housleys office Removals have been successfully completing Commercial Relocations for over 40 years. As part of the Specialised Movers group Housleys are accredited with the British Standard for Commercial Moving BS 8522.
Our team of fully insured professionals have extensive experience in factory & office removals in both the Public and Private Sectors. Whether you are a smaller business relocating locally, or a multi-national company relocating to another country, we have the right expertise and resources to plan and implement the most effective move for you both on budget and on time. Our aim is to relocate your business with as little down-time and disruption to you, your staff and most importantly, your customers.
Your Commercial Move – Getting it Right
Trying to plan your move can often be very difficult, especially if you are trying to fit this in with your own job. You can feel very unsure of what is required, with dozens of worrying questions such as:
- How long will the office removals take?
- How much down-time will my company need?
- Are there hidden extras in a moving service?
- What about insurance?
- What about Health and Safety?
- Site protection?
The list is endless, and while you spend your time thinking about the above, your own work could suffer. Let us take the strain away. We can answer your questions and use our expertise to plan for you.
Our Commercial Services
- Office removals of any size, whether to a new location or simply within the same floor/building
- Factory moving
- IT and Server relocations
- Crate Hire
- Safe and Machine moving
- Library Moving – our moving group has successfully relocated hundreds of libraries of all sizes from smaller school libraries to University and City libraries
- Museum Moving – from single artefacts to full museum relocations
- Storage – indoor containerised storage
- Disposal – office furniture, electrical items We also have the British Standard BS EN 14001 for environmental management, as well as waste carriers licences
- Shredding – we provide a confidential waste disposal service and are accredited with the British Standard BS 15713
We recommend that you contact at least 3 removal companies (including Housleys of course!). As a minimum look for the BAR (British Association of Removers) badge – it’s adjacent to the TSI Badge (Trading Standards Institute). For further re-assurance look for the British Standard in Commercial Moving the BS 8522.
The Commercial Moving Process
1) The Initial Inspection/Survey
Please contact us for a free quotation. We can attend your site and provide you with a fixed price quotation, with no obligation – and we don’t pester you afterwards either!
Our survey will look at the following:
- Assessment of the items to be moved, quantities, special requirements, special packing etc.
- Logistics, timescales, out of hours working (i.e. nightshifts), any vehicle issues such as parking permits, access requirements at both loading and unloading addresses
- Insurance values
- Health and Safety issues; risk assessments and method statements. We are both CHAS and Safecontractors accredited
- Contingency planning – just in case your requirements change during the move!
2) Site Protection/Packing/Crates
At Housleys we recognise that the skill and experience of our operatives is paramount when protecting items in transit. Our aim is simply to get your effects from one site to another, on schedule and without any damages.
- Building Protection: this will include floor, wall, stairwells, and lift protection. Our operatives will apply protective measures in advance of the move that may involve boarding for tiled floors, correx padding for walls and ‘gowns’ for lifts.
- Packing: transit wraps, carding, export wrapping or packing. We can supply all your packing material requirements, or our specially trained staff can do the packing for you.
- Crates: If you are packing files, stationery, computers etc. then you will quickly become very familiar with packing crates. These are hard, durable plastic lidded (security) crates which carry the equivalent of 1 x filing cabinet drawer of files and paperwork. Computers are packed and placed into larger computer crates for protection.
3) Load and transportation
Your effects will be loaded into our specially liveried removals pantechnicons (removals trucks). All effects are wrapped and secured when loaded. Air-ride suspension provides for a smooth journey – essential for any IT equipment. We also have specialist tail-lift vehicles for moving heavier items such as servers, printers, copiers, safes, fireproof cabinets etc.
4) Secure containerised storage – if you need it!
Please contact us if you need any advice or a quotation – both are always free!
Get a Free Estimate
If you require a business quote, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Call 0114 256 1211 or click the button below to fill in our online form.